Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Favorite Project To Date

So LeAnn at Vintage Sassy asked me - What is your absolute favorite piece of furniture that you found and painted?????


I realized - geez that's a tough one.  I've done a LOT of projects in my house.  I love to take ugly & cheap to fabulous!  Here are some of my favorites:  my bedroom set, Everett's armoire (I think this is a favorite by other bloggers because it's not as bold as I usually am - it is pretty fabulous though!), the turquoise desk, my pink coffee table.  I like to take on a lot - it makes me happy to see something transform!


However, my favorite piece by far is probably my coat armoire right when you come in the front door.  I don't know why I didn't paint it sooner!  The yellow just makes the space & I love it!  It's bold, but I wouldn't have it any other way!  I believe I paid around $75 or $80 for this when I was building my house - Mom spotted it & she was right - I needed it for an entry hall "coat closet".

Before - hideous cheap dark wood:


My oh my - LOVE the after:






4 comments:

  1. All our transformations are great! That cabinet is the most dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Such a happy cabinet .... happy hallway too !!!!

    love what you can do with paint, Annie - amazing !

    gena
    www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to concur after seeing it in person....it is fabulous! Even Mr. VS noticed it:) Stop by and enter my giveaway and tell Maggie, Abbie and Janie!!!

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails