Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oh boy!

Seriously guys - my entire life my Mom has worried about her weight.  And I always thought she was nuts.  Why did she care because she had Dad & he loved her no matter what size she was?  I never got it because I tumbled, I was muscular and thin, & I ate ultimate meals for lunch like it was nobodies business.  I never gained a pound.

I have become my Mom.  I'm not heavy by any means, but for me I'm out of shape.  I know if I don't get a handle on it now, that it will get worse & then I'll really have some work to do.  Last fall I lost about 8 pounds from working out and running - then I got out of the habit & it's all back now.

Here is a random before & after that is all over google images, but seriously - wouldn't you LOVE a before & after like this!?!

So tonight Jade & I start P90X, Shakeology, & watching what we eat.  So say a prayer for us that we stick to it and make exercise a part of our daily life.  He's 30 and fairly fit, but he has high cholesterol so this change is needed for my I love double cheeseburgers every day for lunch husband.  Plus, eating healthy forces me to cook healthy - good for the entire family!

So far everyone has told me I will hate P90x or I won't be able to do it.  So I'm really hoping to prove them all wrong & start my way to a more fit me that can rock the shorts again!  Wish us luck!  Tonight we do pull ups and push ups!



6 comments:

  1. I hear ya. I'm a skinny minnie...always have been...but I'm woefully out of shape. It's not good for a body, no matter what size jeans it wears. Good luck to you! I have a feeling you're gonna rock it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are nuts...LOL! I'd kill to look like you!! You are being wayyyyy toooo hard on yourself!! But hey ya gotta do what is right for you. My son does P90x and I get tired just watching him!

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls that gives me my weekly manicures just finished P90X...so I have been hearing the blow-by-blow since she started. Good luck girl! ;o)
    ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat. I've been working out 4 days/week for the past month but not seeing the FAST results I want. So, this week is anew. I'm going to check out some classes at a local place. And, more importantly, I'm going to count my points (weight watchers). Good luck! If I can do it....so can you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!! I fluctuate 10 pounds all the time. I always get about 10 pounds from my goal when I totally lose it and eat everything I see...I just started back as well so I hope all of us do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks friends! We survived & we actually had a lot of fun. I think doing it as a couple is good for us! It's hard though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails