Saturday, May 29, 2010

Genetics

Obviously when Jade & I combined our gene pool - something went wrong in the creation of Aubrie...


She starts swimming lessons on Monday.  This required prescription swim goggles.  Can you even imagine trying to swim when you can't see a foot in front of you - scary thought isn't it!  They didn't have her prescription so we rounded down from her +5.75 to a +5 in each eye.  Then, to protect her ear tubes we had to get her a hot pink Ear Bandit & ear plugs.  So a whopping $55 later, she's ready to learn to swim!  Add another $25 a week for swim lessons and you quickly realize she's definitely our high maintenance child!  Then the bonus - Aubrie has her annual eye exam June 7th so we'll be purchasing her next pair of frames - me oh my the money is flying out this month!


*See how HUGE his eyes are from the prescription!!*

Little did I know that prescription swim goggles would be a huge hit at our house!  A huge fight quickly ensued so I had to allow Everett to try on the goggles as well.  It's a wonder he didn't run into a wall because I also tried them on and wowsers my daughters eyes are bad!  In return, I had to promise to purchase him a pair of regular swim goggles.  His will be coming from Wally World!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love that picture of Aubrie, what a hoot! Will she someday be able to have laser surgery if she chooses to do so?

    Yah, when kids are little, money does fly out the window for sure.

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I just realized, she's farsighted, not nearsighted, laser surgery is just for nearsighted...right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leann - I don't know about the laser with farsightedness. However, 50% of kids with farsightedness grow out of it - so here is to hoping!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails