Friday, November 20, 2009

Gaga for Gray!

Lately I have really been digging me some of the color gray.  It's really weird for me since I'm such a color-holic.  However, I have realized that some of my most favorite pieces are old - and gray paint.  Weird huh! 

I think gray is just stunning with pink (which who doesn't like pink?!?).  FYI - I also heart orchids.


Apartment Therapy

OH the come back of wallpaper.  I always said I would NEVER have wallpaper in my house.  However, now I'm drooling - wishing I did!  I'm dying over this pink floral wall-paper - I LOVE it!


Apartment Therapy

I'm really digging it with yellow too!  It's modern and punchy - so much fun. 

Apartment Therapy & Skona Hem

I wish I had 10 homes because I'd design them all differently with things I love and different styles.  Luckily, I think I'm not the only person who dreams of this.  I know others are out there too.  That's the beauty of appreciating so many home styles - you love them all, but live with the one you love the most!  So for all you blog readers - I follow you, because I also dig your style even when I don't live with it.  Especially, the all white homes lately - if I ever have a beach house I may have to go all white.  I really like it especially with old tarnished things - fab!

What do you think?  Are you on board?  Are you fanatically painting pieces in your home this new neutral that's storming the design world?  Are you throwing out brown in favor of gray?

Also, Lonny Magazine - please make a note that I want you in print - in my home - on my coffee table ASAP.  Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Even though we are land-locked here in IL, you can still have a beach house! I do! All white, a few shells thrown about...and bits of old gray and sand colored paint on furniture pieces. I LOVE IT! Makes me feel like I am on vacation every day! ;o) ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love gray. love it. it's the connecting thread for the rooms in our house, if i ever get anything done. that's the plan anyway. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, I totally agree with you on the color gray. I SOOOO want to paint my daughter Ryann's room in gray, with pink accents!! My hubby thinks it is a horrible idea. He keeps saying "Who would want to wake up in a gray room?" He just doesn't have the vision ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim - he definitely doesn't have the vision - I think you should go for it! It sounds super cute!

    Some day Mary - some day I'm going to have all white! I may be my treehouse that I posted about, or it may be my real house or even a room, but I will have it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails