Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mmmm Mmmm Good

If you like simple & fast meals.  I have the recipe for you.  This is my go to for company parties, Christmas parties, and fast family meals.  It's always a hit.


Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

*This is not my image b/c my camera stinks & would never look like this.  I do not add carrots or celery to my soup.  I think about it and always forget, but it would be very easy to do.*


2 Qt water
8 chicken bouillon cubes
¾ of lb. package egg noodles (if I have Amish noodles - I prefer those - takes the soup to a new level I tell ya!)
2 cans cream of chicken
3 cups cooked chicken cubed  (I substitute a large can of chicken to save time)
1 cup sour cream
Boil noodles in water & bouillon until tender. Do not drain. Add soup & chicken, heating through. Remove from heat & add sour cream.  Top off with some fresh parsley if you have any & some salt & pepper to flavor.  Then, keep warm in a crockpot & serve.


Tada - your family will thank you!




5 comments:

  1. Sounds fast and fabulous...just like I like it! I think we need to start a receipe day on the blogs to help each other out. I am getting a little tired of my usual menu! ;o) ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken noodle soup is so homey. Homey..not "homie", if you know what I mean! Love your recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a recipe day would be fabulous! I just got The Pioneer Woman's cookbook & I'm loving it. She actually cooks with food I have in my kitchen. I'm so excited to try some more recipes out, and will gladly take them from you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHH, delicious!!! I want to make that! Thanks!
    Oh and today typing in my password at work...I thought of your post. I wouldn't be embarrassed. I think I would get an "ahhhh, so cute" out of mine?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails