Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kids' / Guest Bathroom Redo - The Before

I don't think I've ever posted my kids' bathroom for you guys.  Probably because I didn't really like it.  Here is how it was.  Yes, it was cute.  But it wasn't me at all.  The shower curtain I got on clearance before we moved & Abbie painted the animals on canvases for me.

From the day we moved in, it basically never changed.


It was babyish, and good for kids, but just not me.  Besides, this is the bathroom off the living room.  So it's not just for kids - all our guests use this bathroom.  It needed to be updated badly!


What's funny is everyone that comes into my house LOVES this paint color, it's my least favorite.  I wish it was either a really limey green or a charcoal - not sure which.


Don't tell Jade, but we will probably repaint it this summer after the big Ethel Edith show.  I will be thrilled when it's bold and matches the rest of my house!


Oh and for the canvases - I have a BIG canvas that Abbie is going to paint my family of 4 with long skinny necks like this one she made for my Mom of us girls.

I LOVE this painting!  Then I want to have her paint my two dogs on their own individual smaller canvases to flank the big family one.  It will be hysterical and PERFECT in my living room!


Stay tuned for my afters - I redecorated & I LOVE it.  Shockingly my kids think it's just amazing now.  Even Everett said "Wow!"  Aubrie just can't get over it - says it's a big girl bathroom &  she asked if she can take showers now!  Ha - she didn't realize she could take them before!



8 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I want to see it, don't make me wait too long please...LOL! Oh how I love color! No beige or white for this girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, your kid's (before) bathroom is real cute! Love all the colors!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new redo!! I am getting in the mood to do something different with our master bathroom... like painting it, or add new fixtures, new floor, etc.. It really needs to have something done!! I like change, and it's been like this for 8 years or so now.. The paint job we have in there now, is only a couple years though.. but I'm not overly crazy about the color!

    Have a great hump day!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom was too cute. But, can't wait to see the reveal. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now, that's certainly a happy looking loo!
    I can't wait to see your after pics, I'm sure it'll still be happy, just maybe a bit more adult.
    Fun!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys - I'm pumped for the big reveal tomorrow - HUGE improvement & much more me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait for the big reveal!! i love the idea of the portraits in the living room! i was just thinking one of us three girls would be a great gift for my momma:O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those pictures SOOOOOOOO much. They would be perfect in my girls new playroom. Does your sister take orders?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie I just discovered your blog and love it. I am truly enjoying your sense of style in your decorating. I saw that Cottage Living magazine and just had to leave a comment. I miss it so much and look at my old issues all the time.

    Oh, we have some friends that have a blog I think you may enjoy http://noahsdad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails