Monday, April 5, 2010

Basement Family Room

Our basement family room showcases some of my most favorite pieces in the house. At the same time, it’s a room I’m still shopping for.  I guess I'm always shopping, but this is a room that doesn't always get updated like the upstairs does.  It gets more of the left overs than the good stuff.

My first favorite, our TV cabinet. It’s an old feed bunker of some sort. My Dad slapped a top on it and I painted it a bright blue to mimic an antique cupboard I fell in love with, but could’t quite afford at $850.  I still dream of that cupboard though!  The inside has a big shelf that holds all my photo albums & then more blankets - ridiculous I know.

 I still need to distress this piece, but it’s bold blue makes me very happy.  Which is funny - I'm not typically a blue gal - turquoise blue - yes, but blue blue not so much.  However - love this peacock blue!



This red couch came from my Mom as a gift when we got married. I love red and have always adored this couch.

The map was also a gift from my Mom for my birthday. It truly doesn't get any better than this baby!

 It’s very aged & has multiple maps you can flip between. To top it off - it has the perfect colors for my basement room.  Turquoises, greens, reds, and yellows - hooray!


I just got this little table from my Mom recently and I adore the finish on it, the Kelly green mixed with the brown and white is just right. It features a chalk ship I scored. I don’t know why, but I adore ships & have quite the ship print collection down here.  Why I didn't take a picture - I do not know.

I also love the paint color of the room. It’s very bold (not that you are surprised), but it really doesn’t feel like a basement space at all. The fact that it’s a walkout with a window and door helps!  It's always very light and bright down here.





3 comments:

  1. What a fun room, your house just makes me happy!

    LeAnn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheery happy space. Never would have guessed it was a basement room. Love those two blue chairs hiding back there and I'm always a sucker for an old map.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your house! Such a great combination of happy colors and totally funky stuff. You have good taste sistah. I also love looking at your mom's house. Show us more of both!! LOVE the shutter with the books in it. Did you do that? I am going to have to copy that...I'll give you the credit! Can't wait to see what you got at the junk fest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails