Monday, April 5, 2010

Junk Trip

I'm breaking the rules - two posts today!

Dear friends - my Saturday was just awesome!

My sisters & I (even Jade tagged along!) went to Ramsey, IL for the biggest city wide sales in Central Illinois.

Imagine - instead of rummage sales all over town - people bring all their stuff downtown & auctioneers sell it all.  There were at least 8 auction trucks if not more - I have no idea how many were over at the farm machinery and  automotive sides of the sales.  It was hard to keep up with where the good loot was and when it was getting sold.


It was muddy - is an understatement - it poured the night before and the morning of so it was quite muddy.  Lots of muck boots & skin tight chest waders were out and about.  Apparently chest waders were needed for the rare occasion you find a mud puddle that big!


We loaded up two trucks - and rode home like the Clampetts. 

It was legendary!
(again if you love How I Met Your Mother - you are feeling me here!)

*More pictures & stories to come*


7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it and hear the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Can't wait to see what you do to everything! Your style is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Annie! My daughter and middle son both had an old school desk of their own up in the play room.. exactly like the one shown here on the back of your truck! Oh my goodness, how they loved their desks! That may have been a seed planted for our Jamie to become a teacher, and now a school principal!

    Hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter! We had a real nice one!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you checked out my blog because now you have a new follower! I love your big map and that cow picture is fantastic! Can't wait to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOO, I'm excited to see your great finds and what you do with them! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it sounds just awesome...can't wait to see how you make this junktacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! what a load you got!! man!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails