Thursday, February 18, 2010

It Would Only Happen To Me...

It's not often that I buy really nice underwear.  Shoot, I'm a Mom and Aubrie gets all the cute underwear with Dora all over them (not that I want Dora underwear, but still!)  However, Victoria's Secret had a big sale so I splurged.  I got some really nice seamless underwear.  They are really comfortable & the sides are  heat seamed together rather than sewn.  So when I wear my skinny jeans, I don't have those red underwear lines all over my body - you know what I'm talking about ladies!


So this past Saturday I had a great day with my girl friends.  We toured a new amazing home that my friend just purchased.  If you are a house stalker like me, you would have just swooned over the floors, woodwork, the original windows, the aged turet roof - beautiful!  They are doing a lot of work on it, and I'm dying to see it finished!  So much beautiful potential!

Then we hit up a favorite of mine, TJ Maxx.  We topped off the day with Dear John & dinner at O'Charley's.  Then, it happened to me.  I go in the bathroom expecting nothing.  Then, I go to pull up my recently new underwear and poof.  Literally a LOUD - POOF!  So loud my friends thought I had passed some serious gas.  I start laughing uncontrolably in my stall as do they.  However, they didn't know that the side of my underwear just exploded!  That's right, the hip side of my underwear exploded on me.  So what is a girl to do?  I couldn't hip tie my underwear on one side!  I had to rip apart the other side of my underwear and stuff them in my purse.


Needless to say, our husbands always wonder what we are doing on our Girls Days when we are out for 10 hours.  They think we are just living high on the hog & drinking daquiris at every stop we make!  So, for once, Jade really did wonder what we did on Girls Day since his wife came home in the buff with only her skinny jeans on!




*My unfortunate disclaimer is none of the pictuers referenced above are my body.  They were found on Google images & VS, however they are much larger than my skinny body - HA - I wish!*

10 comments:

  1. That is too funny! You Fox girls have some interesting bathroom times. I'll never forget dress shopping with your mom and Cathy for Maggie's wedding and the excitement that your mom experience that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! I was so excited when you said seamless and great under fitted jeans. Then I got to the POOF and my awesome turned to OH NO! This sounds like something that would happen to me. Kudos to you for going commando - but really what else were you going to do, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, only you would post about having to go commando. (thats what my husband calls it, maybe that is just a "guy" term) You are a hoot! I have found VS has the world's cheapest made underwear. They never last...and for what they cost they should! Anyway, check out the post I just did. Full of color...in honor of you. ;o) ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hysterical!! I've always wondered about those seamless wonders.... Guess I'll stick to the Aerie on-sale hipsters! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know - there were seriously like $8 underwear - ridiculous! The worst part is - I have 2 more pairs so I'm afraid another one will just disintegrate on my body & fall out my pants at some fancy event - not that I have fancy events - but maybe it's possible right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dear! too funny :)
    I too long for some pretty undies.

    I did get some thigh-highs to complete some old lingerie that I had never worn for v-day...which was nice :)

    Was dear John good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear John was OK. I just always have a hard time in life when people love each other, but they just don't come out and say it - and they give up on it. So I didn't like that. I didn't read the book so I couldn't compare there, but my friends said it was a disappointment compared to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! your blog is always good for a giggle Annie:O)
    take those back!!! make them give you more... or your $ back, that's just silly.
    i heard the movie wasn't great.. too bad, but glad you still had fun with the gals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya know pretty underwear just are never on top priority anymore!~ Although I do like comfort and I am tired of wedgies LOL!!~ I will have to make a run to Victoria Secret...sounds like a great day you had.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, that is horrible, yet really funny at the same time. I'm sure you weren't thinking it was too terribly funny at the time, but now in retrospect...I would be equally afraid if I were to put on another pair the same :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails