Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Be Who You Are

It's not often that I run into magazines or books that are completely me.  Lots of magazines have pieces and parts of me, but I have a hard time finding a book that I just swoon over.


However, Better Homes & Gardens Do It Yourself or 100 Decorating Ideas Under $100 do it every time!  Both magazines are filled with bright & cheery images.  They use very bold paint colors.  They have vintage or old painted furniture mixed with some funk.  I adore every page.  Some things are a bit more modern than me, but I still eat it all up & want more!

I just adore orange.  I think a lot of people are scared by it's punch, but I dig it.  My laundry room is Tide orange & I wouldn't have it any other way!


Is there a fungus amongst us?  Sorry I couldn't resist!  I love the poppy color of this green & the mushrooms are so fun!  They wouldn't be cool forever, but I like to paint a lot anyway.

Gosh, so riddle me this - why don't they make more magazines & books like this?  I would buy lots & lots & I would collect them.  Yes, I collect some magazines & I would collect these!  I also feel like this is the direction Ethel Edith is going with a bit more funk to it b/c we like old things too.  I haven't ran it by my sisters, but I think they both would agree - these magazines are the shiznit.



9 comments:

  1. Do what you love, thats what I say! I do have quite a thing for orange lately. It hit me last summer, and now it one of my favs! ;o) ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that green! I'm a huge fan of greens. If i'm not careful my whole house will be green and blue...It's already starting :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do what you love Tiff! If you love blue & green - do your whole house in it! Because if you do yellow or orange or red and you aren't in love with those colors - you'll hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that magazine too...lots of great ideas :)

    and orange....well....that's my oldest son's fave color so we're doing punches of orange in the boys bunk room. :) i'll be doing a post soon on the FUN orange things i have found thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that orange wallpaper. I think a punch of color is always fun. Especially in rooms that aren't always fun (like laundry rooms). Why not make yourself smile while folding clothing!

    I love this magazine it always makes me feel so motivated when I read it. I wish that we owned the home we live in (well not really, I wouldn't buy it if you paid me) - I just wish I could change wall colors freely and do what I want to improve it. Then I remember it's not mine, I rent it and in the end I won't see a dime from the time I spent on it.

    For now I live through others and decorate with items that pop off the bland tan walls. (Thank goodness it's a nice tan and all the trim is bright white at least it's a pretty bland color!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to subscribe to that magazine....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have often, often wondered why those BH&G mags seem so scarce - they could make a TON of money if they came out more often! I end up reading them cover to cover 100 times before the next one comes my way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I luv these magazines too...they always have a boatload of awesome ideas!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know - BHG should start producing these babies monthly - I would be thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails