Friday, August 13, 2010

It's a date!

At 4:30 today - Jade & I are taking off.  We have a hot date!


You can find us here!  Literally we are in the nosebleed section right about in this area!  Jade is pumped - Cardinals vs. Cubs - a serious rivalry & he's prepared to root on his favorite team from St. Louis.  I am just going for the food, people watching, and time with my favorite person.

We get the joy of an over night stay - thank you Abbie.  You are now my favorite sister.  Tomorrow we have a sitter lined up for the entire day.  We may sleep in, we may go shopping, we may catch a movie - we can do whatever we want.  That's the best part! 

My parents dated each other a lot when I was growing up.  They taught me the importance of still keeping your spouse your number one priority in life.  I think this is one of the most valuable lessons they taught me.  There is a big difference between Annie & Jade as a couple & Annie & Jade as parents.  We need time together to enjoy our friendship & to relax and talk without little ears sneaking in.  Don't get me wrong - family dates are important too, but any opportunity to sneak away with Jade is my favorite kind of date!  Besides - one day our ornery kids will grow up and move out.  When that day comes, I still want to be together as teammates & best friends.  That is why I married him after all!



3 comments:

  1. You are so right about making time for each other, that's a lesson I learned the hard way.
    I forgot I was a wife when I became a mother. When my oldest son got married the only advice I gave them is "don't forget that you were husband and wife first" and now they are parents, and I make sure they have date nights,sometimes I have to pay for them, but I think that is money well spent. Yall have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I hope you two have a fantastic time! It definitely IS important to stay connected as a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wade and I always made sure when we were raising little ones that we took time out for each other. That's why we are still crazy about each other after almost 28 years of marriage. It is so important and you had great role models.

    xo
    LeAnn
    P.S. Go Cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails