Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dog Gone It!

Our dogs are part of our family.

Trudie, small in size, makes the perfect foot heater because she prefers to sleep under the blankets.  Her belly is hairless, typing that cracked me up just an fyi, and it makes for the perfect 80 degree storm on a cold winters night!  We love her for her deep sighs, loud snores, and her chubby neck that is larger than her head (collars aren't this dog's best friend).  She's the kind of dog that's so ugly (don't repeat this to her), she's cute!


I think we all can agree, her sneezing in your face and her breath are by far the worst!


Duke, 80 lbs and all, is so large he consumes half of the loveseat.  Finding room by him isn't the easiest, but his ears make up for it - you just can't not love a hound dog like him.  He's so easy going that the kids just flop on him and he takes it.  The worst he will do is a snout punch.  That's right, when Everett has bit him (why would you bite a dog Everett?!?), Duke has turned around and flat out snout punched Everett in the head.  It's the perfect effect.  Everett backs off, and Duke hasn't harmed my kid - other than Everett's pride. 


 Duke's worst quality would also be the hound dog in him. I can't count the number of animal body parts Jade has hauled off this year. So far Duke has scored 2 deer, a few squirrels & rabbits, and of course an occasional goose wing - really? Is this necessary Duke?!?

She's not a poser is she?!  You can barely see Duke hiding behind her.
We accept our dogs for who they are...even if that means washing off their faces & brushing their teeth before they are allowed near us!



6 comments:

  1. Annie, I am a dog girl! I LOVE them all! I have a stinky-breath dog myself, but he is the sweetest thing so I deal with it. I really should have started the teeth-brushing thing when he was a puppy! Now he just thinks it a treat and wants to lick the toothpaste! ;o) ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know what you mean! Trudie's breath is so awful, but every time I brush her teeth - she throws up - kind of defeats the purpose! However, she's going in to get a serious teeth cleaning at the vet sometime in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in a house full of pets mostly dogs, and my husband grew up with zero! So we're on totally different wave lengths with pets, but as soon as the kids are old enough to help out and I drilling in zack's head he'll be enduring a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh, I want one. My house is too small for the little 4 legged friends, but one day! Until then, your pictures of your doggies and kiddos are just perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not a dog person but for some reason i'm totally drawn to Duke (no offense Trudy!)-- just floppy and sweet:O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know who's cuter, your kids or the doggies. I'm partial to Trudy since she has that squished face, Duke is definitely a handsome boy altho I'm not sure about the random animal body part habits....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails