Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Moon Landing

I just had to share this with you.  I keep thinking of this and laughing over and over.

Saturday at the auction I mentioned there was quite the crowd.

If you were lacking teeth & chose not to wear your teeth - you were out and about.  If you like to wear white pants in ankle deep much - you were out.  If you like flip flops in ankle deep much - you were also out.  If you like to wear a suit - yes that's right a man's dress suit - in ankle deep mud - you were out. 

The possibilities here were endless.  I have photos to prove it.  That's right - if you had on embarrassing apparel - I snapped your photo from the chest down!

However, my personal favorite from the day was the man in head to toe camo.  My sisters and I were standing by a pile - guarding the loot we wanted to bid on when the auction truck would roll up.  Then, up walked camo man.  He was so decked out in the camo - Maggie didn't even see him! 

This is Maggie - she's goofy & cracks me up!

He then insisted on stepping between Maggie (she wasn't about to move) and the loot in that 1' wide area - only to do a moon landing to her! 

Now if you watch Modern Family you are with me.  A moon landing is a butt tap with a fellow person.  So basically the camo man moon landed or - high fived her butt with his own.  I totally had to look away and shake laugh silently - perfect!

It was legendary in every sense of the word.  I keep thinking of it and I'm laughing again!  My sisters & I had so much fun at that auction.  We laughed until I cried many times during the day.  Saturday was the kind of day that made us want to start Ethel Edith together.  A perfect sisters day with the inclusion of my husband - who they consider their real brother because Mag's was 9 when he came around.  It doesn't get any better than that!




5 comments:

  1. Annie, thank you sooo much for the wonderful laugh you gave me this morning on your blog!! This was great!!

    Brings back memories of when our youngest son Daniel, had a pair of glasses that had a pair of glasses, nose and fake moustache on them and he loved them!! He'd wear them to get his dad and I to crack up looking at him with his disguise on! I have a picture someplace of our daughter Michele, with them on too! Hilarious!! I love the great memories this disguise your sister wore here on your blog, as it brought back such great memories for me this morning!! Thank You Annie!! You've done it again!! YES!!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynn - you got me cracking up too that I got you laughing! You'll have to add your email to your profile so I can email you back - I keep trying to email you and realize I can't - so I hope you get this message, but it made my day that I made yours - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a moon landing, moon landing INDEED! haha think of the lutherns while reading that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny Maggie - our conversations are so ridiculous - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my...you two are ridiculous. has the crazy lady been mentioned in blogland? "Can you hear me or are you just choosing to ignore me?!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails