Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Compromised...

Well it happened...

at some point our credit card was compromised by a vendor.  Apparently Discover card had been watching our account closely & someone finally decided to use it and blow some fast cash.

Where did the thief decide to do their business?

Naturally, QVC and Bath & Body Works!

Seriously, who steals a credit card number and thinks you know I really need some new lotion, and maybe I'll splurge on a wall flower too!

It cracks me up - you'd think they'd be at best buy blowing some fat cash, but no - Bath & Body Works is where it's at folks!  All the purchases were made online - how do you do a sniff test online for lotion?!?

And the good news - Discover card caught it the day it happened & we are responsible for zero charges - boom that's why I love you Discover card!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Annie don't people suck. Really, if ya need to steal that lotion, you must be desperate. Discover Rocks! Someone recently stole from me too, but this was more personal, went into my underwear drawer got in my jewelry box and lifted a $2000 ring. Our deductible is $1000! Sometimes, I just wanna say, some people suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone swiped my amex a while ago, blew $500 at Wal Mart then spent $300 on a feast for all their friends at Macaroni Grill...
    amex caught it immediately, I'm a Target and Carabbas girl....true story

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. It’s great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what does that mean...haha but you are fair and balanced. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - glad they caught it! And wouldn't the perp be easy to catch since they had to have the stuff mailed somewhere? Some people...

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha - I don't know what it means, but I am fair and balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i got a totally garbled message like that on my blog too.

    last time our card info was stolen some tool blew half the money in my checking account at 3am at a walmart in california. pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a dumb move all around but ordering online and having it shipped (I am assuming here) to your home is just asking to be caught. Im glad that they were caught and that your credit card company has worked with you on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails