Friday, December 9, 2011

6 months

Wow how time flies.  I say that I swear all of the time, but it really does.

6 months ago on this very day - you were all praying like mad for Miss Tiny.


6 months ago Dr. Huddleston took her back to his operating room with a broken heart & God moved through his hands and handed us back a repaired ticker.

Since then Ollie Faith has gotten strong.


She went in at 10 pounds 5 ounces one day shy of her 4 month birthday.  

She struggled the last month before surgery to simply put on 4 ounces. 


Today she nearly weighs 17 pounds!!  The weight comes so easily when your heart and body are not running a constant marathon to survive.


She rolls all over the house, she pushes up, she inch worm crawls, she sits almost independently.


Tomorrow she's 10 months old.


She's vibrant.  She's happy.  She's addictive.  She's hilarious.  She is a tiny diva.  She rules the house.  She lures strangers in with a two teeth grin.  I can't say enough because words can't describe her.


Quite honesty she's unbelievably fantastic.

Some days I wish I knew back then how I would embrace Down Syndrome & how I would grow in so many ways from open heart surgery.  But I'm ever so glad I never knew because this journey has changed my perspective, my life.  

We are truly blessed - God knew what we needed most - the perfect baby for us.


Miss Ollie Faith!

Thank you all for your continued prayers - we appreciate them so much and we will never be able to repay you, but when you need prayers - we are here!

11 comments:

  1. Time does fly! Miss O is looking great, as usual, and I am so happy to see that she is also doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that smile! She's a superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY 6MO Recovery Miss Ollie!!!!

    Your post made me cry Annie, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that was SIX months ago!!! Ollie is such an amazing little girl, she looks wonderful! Healthy and Happy, what more could you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just telling my husband that I can't believe it's already been a week since M's surgery. And it's been 6 months for Ollie! Time flies when life is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for how far she has come in just 6 months and grateful to our God who has been watching over Ollie :-)

    Kelli @ livinglifewithes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable. I'm very happy to hear that she's thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard to believe it's been 6 months! She is doing beautifully thanks to that repaired heart and her family's loving care. I gotta hug you one more time Ollie! {{Ollie}} Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for Ollie! Graceland's doing a happy heart dance in her honor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is such a beautiful little girl. Hey how does she react to the Christmas tree? I know my kids were so excited when they were babies.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails