Thursday, January 6, 2011

A St. Louis Update

Our appointment yesterday went really really well!  Ollie is about 4 pounds 14 ounces and I'm 34 weeks along.  She's growing like a weed which is what we had all hoped for!

We also had an echo cardiogram of her heart just to look it over again.  Everything there looked the same so that was good news as well.  There were no surprises or new upsetting news.  I'll take good news and a miracle, but I don't want any more bad news for Ollie!

We also toured Labor & Delivery, the Ronald McDonald Room, NICU, and Cardiac ICU.  The hospital is very impressive! 

I go back on January 26th for an ultrasound to check her growth again and then to see my OB team.  At that point they will set my date for induction.  Right now he's shooting for 39 weeks so hopefully she decides to stay in there.  I typically don't go into labor on my own, so I'm hoping I'm the same way with her so Jade isn't frantically driving down I70 like a mad man to get me there in time!  However, I have tried to boss my uterus in the past & it never seems to listen so we shall see.

When she arrives, we will take it as it comes.  It's really all in God's hands right now, and whatever is his will - we will be thrilled with her.  The doctors have several concerns that they want to be sure aren't present at birth, but they at this point are just concerns.  Nothing is concrete there so we won't worry about them.  They will evaluate her after arrival to be certain she looks good, and we'll go from there.  We really don't know what we're up against or how long we'll stay in St. Louis until she arrives.  So now we wait and wait for the next 5 weeks!

Oh - PS - she has hair!!  I'm hoping for wild black monkey mohawk hair just like her sister Aubrie, but we shall see.  If you see my sister Maggie , please tell her to get busy crafting Ollie some headbands so she can work it girl at the hospital.

Thank you all again for the prayers & keep them coming!  She will be here so soon & don't worry the hospital has WIFI so I'll be in touch & you'll see her beautiful face in blogland!  However, you won't be seeing my face in the labor pictures, but trust me I will be there too!




On one last note - Mama Fox has started a blog.  Click HERE to check her out. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    I know my friends, Matt and Sarah really appreciated having the Ronald McDonald house when they were in Ann Arbor for all those weeks. I also am so happy that Maggie and Kylie are moving in, that will help take some of your worry off of Aubrie and Everett's well being. The waiting I know is the worst but Maggie is right, we walk by faith, not by sight.

    I think you are being extremely brave:)

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie girl-
    we are so close to STL that after Ollie is born if you have the kids there to visit and they need some down time, please please let us know!
    we would love to help any way that we can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading all of your family's blogs :) I am a fan!! Keep it up..can't wait to meet that beautiful little girl of yours! I just know God has great plans for her! Praying constantly!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails