Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hotter than a mother...

Ironically I am a mother & it is hotter than one here in Central IL.  To make matters even more enjoyable - I'm having major car issues.  My car has been paid off for a good year or so - I LOVE that.  I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee - I don't love that!  It's kind of purplish maroon & purple is my least favorite color, but it's 4 wheel drive and got me and the kids around fine.  We originally bought it for Jade then he needed a truck & I some how got the Jeep.  My dream Chrysler 300 was sold.  Stink!

So it's been acting up lately.  All the dash alert lights come on, then all the gages go to zero.  This is exceptionally handy when you want to know how fast you are going - or how much fuel is in your tank.  Nice - I know.  I could deal with the lights & gages - I drive about 10 miles a day mainly in the country.  But the newest thing is REALLY trying my nerves. 

I told Jade we'd keep this hunk of metal until baby 3.  Planning that when I go back to full-time salary I would immediately trade it.  April 10th is the exact date I trade this Jeep.  I can fit 3 kids in this baby, but trust me it won't be pretty - it is tight & I'm sure I'll cuss - sorry kids.  So the Jeep has made it a mission to make a liar out of me now.  It's new fit is that the AC won't kick on.  The fan will blow, but no cold air.  To make it just a little bit more enjoyable - ta da - the windows WON'T roll down.  So there you drive in extreme heat with no air and no windows.  I took it for about 2 blocks today thinking I was going to die.  I can't do this with my kids!  Then I run into a store to grab lunch, come back out and ta da - AC and windows work again!  What the what?!?

Our auto body guy is perplexed & ladies - he is good!  He's looked at it twice with no luck.  So our option is to go to a dealership of Jeeps & pray they know a cheap & right fix.  Or trade it.  I am REALLY thinking about trading it.  The timing isn't great, but we have to upgrade with a baby soon anyway.  This darn Jeep just HAD to test me!

So if I trade it my next decision, Van or Pacifica?!?  Or SUV & 3 rows of seats - ugh how to decide.  I think a van over SUV.  Then, I've loved Pacifica's for years & I looked at a few & I still love them - what is a girl to do?!?  Anyone have a Pacifica - love it - hate it?!?  Give a girl some direction.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're having car difficulties. Especially in the middle of summer!

    I really like the look of the Pacifica and considered one when we were car shopping a few years ago...until I heard and read tons of negative reviews about them. Apparently some serious reliability issues, confirmed by Consumer Reports and others I checked. :-( Sorry - and maybe things have changed? I was thinking they stopped making the Pacifica...anyway, good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww jeeps going to the scrap yard make me sad. We are a jeep family here - I have one, this is my 2nd - my first one was an 89 Grand Cherokee (but had the body of a regular jeep cherokee just fully loaded) and it was the same brown/purple/maroon you're talking about with gold rims and gold pin stripes. I loved that jeep but sadly it finally had to go. I got my current jeep after driving a dream car for a few years.

    I agree though you can't take the kids around in that kind of vehicle for long. :( That's crazy it's doing all that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I too have heard Chrysler is not the way to go...but I have a friend that has a Pacifica and LOVES it. You just never know. Every brand seems to have their horror stories. I say go for the Pacifica, they seem like a great car.

    Hey, will I be seeing you this weekend!?

    ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have to say that I think minivans are the best invention for young families. I had a van when my kids were young and I loved it! Now that I don't tote kids around anymore, I luv my SUV but with kids, minivan all the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails