Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Signing with Babies

I honestly never signed with the Bigs.  I knew how to do some words, but was never consistent enough with my effort to see anything pay off.
 
But with this little sunshine...we sign constantly.
 
 
and it's awesome!!
 
Girlfriend has lots of words & tons of signs & it makes communication so much easier!!  I also highly suggest Baby Signing Times if you don't have it.  All three kids love the DVDs - we started with volume 1 and for Christmas bumped up to volume 4.  I have seen huge language bursts from Ollie this fall & expect more in the coming months!!  She is just now 22 months so I can't wait to see what happens between 2 & 3!!
 
Words she signs regularly:
Dad
Cow
Pig
More
Milk
Eat
Drink
All Done
Mom
Please
Mine
Dog
Bye Bye/Hi
 


 

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Not only for babies/toddlers with that extra wonderful chromosome, but for ones with delays, or just plain let's do it because they can't verbalize things yet! Wish I had thought about it with my kids when they were young - would have cut out a lot of guesswork! Ollie, you are amazing. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't sign as often as I should have with Russell when he is younger, I have been more consistent with it recently. Now that he is three he really learns signs quickly so we're going to keep with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails