Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Transforming

I don't know why this is on my mind today but it is...

So many of us are quick to judge, quick to place blame, quick to compare.  We don't take time to get to know people.  We don't take time to understand where they are from, where they are going, and why they are the way they are.

Recently we had a fitness event & my team stood in front of the large group and shared their stories, they poured out their hearts and their testimonies on how they got fit.  It was one of the most emotional, moving, and inspiring things I have witnessed. 

After the event we left & my husband and I talked about what we just experienced.  We were blown away!  It was then we realized that everyone has a story.  Everyone has eaten their fair share of shit sandwiches in this world & still comes out a fighter.  It is only when we sit down, shut up, and listen to other people that we can truly GROW in ourselves.

I just feel incredibly fortunate to do the work that I do.  Coaching others has opened up my eyes to a world of people I would otherwise never know.  I consider myself incredibly blessed every single day to make the impact that I do on the lives of others and to share a piece of their stories.

So next time you find yourself judging, turn it inward and listen to that person with love & I can guarantee you, you will be blessed in return.

If you do not know my story, here it is...


5 comments:

  1. You said it best, Annie. So glad you have found this way of not just helping yourself, but others as well. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero, Annie! :-) I think what you do is important and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through your post on Skinny Meg's Blog. What an inspiration you are! I'm just beginning my weight loss journey and hope that I can be as successful as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! I'm a new follower on Bloglovin. I found your blog from reading your post on Skinny Meg. You definitely are an inspiration to many. Not just because of your AMAZEBALLS weight loss (jealous), but also for your strength and bravery. God bless you!! Now...I'm going to head to the gym so I can get a gorgeous body like you!!

    Kristin
    www.hopelesslyeverafter.blogspot.com Come check me out if you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog from Skinny Meg, do you live in bloomington!? I just moved to Normal from Chicago! Small world if so!

    good luck! your weight loss is amazing and so inspiring! I'm in the midst of my own journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words & support! I love hearing from you & read each and every comment you leave for me! ~Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails